[Wien] RMT in MnPt3

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 14 13:44:50 CET 2010

You did not mention what your RKmax value is. This is more
important than the RMTs.
Of course, by changing RMTs for Mn you also change the effective RKmax
for Pt.

In general smaller RMTs (down to 2.0 for Mn) yield
more accurate results, provided that you are converged with the
number of PWs (RKMAX), because you reduce linearization errors,...

An exception would be Pt, if you include spin-orbit coupling.
Since this is added only inside the spheres, the Pt RMT should not be
too small.