[Wien] graphical interface is not coming

Pawel Lesniak lesniak at ifmpan.poznan.pl
Thu Feb 4 14:27:48 CET 2010

W dniu 04.02.2010 14:16, shamik chakrabarti pisze:
> Dear  Wien2k users,
>
>                              I have installed Wien2k in a system
> having Intel Xeon quad core processor with 2Gb Ram successfully. We
> are using Redhat linux operating system having www browser Redhat
> mozila. After giving command w2web it is showing:
> now point your browser to *http://localhost.localdomain:7890*. But
> after giving that address to the browser a message is coming:
>
> *www.localhost.localdomain could not be found. Please check the name
> and try again*
>
> I have no idea what to do now. We are eagerly waiting for your
> response. Thank you in advance.
>
> regards,
>
> Shamik Chakrabarti

As you are using graphical interface of your linux machine, you can
point your browser to:
http://127.0.0.1:7890/           (this one works always)
or
http://localhost:7890/           (this one works almost always)
Of course this is true only when w2web is started on the same computer
which is running browser. Otherwise point your browser to
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:7890/, where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP address of
computer running w2web application.

Pawel Lesniak