[Wien] [Wien2k Users] Supercell Construction

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Sat Feb 13 05:46:55 CET 2010

Dear Wien2k users,

I seek the following clarifications on the supercell program

1. In case, we do not have a structure file, can we call the "supercell"
program using "single program in w2web" and make a supercell. The UG shows
only a modification in the case.struct file using supercell.

2. The PHONON also has a module for the construction of a supercell. In
case, we import this file in Wien2k, would Wien2k automatically go the SCF
initialization as we have not initialized our system for SCF run?

Suddhasattwa Ghosh