[Wien] [Wien2k Users] [Wien2k] Clarification on spin orbit coupling

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Tue Jan 5 13:50:41 CET 2010

Dear Wien2k users,

Is spin orbit coupling a must for f-systems?

Does minimization of internal coordinates strongly depend on spin orbit
coupling or it would give more or less the same results.

I ask this question from the perspective of f-systems.

I am currently working on alpha- zirconium with some 935 k-points but
without spin orbit coupling.

Does volume optimization depend on Spin orbit?

My second question is that how metastable states are handled in Wien2k? For
example omega-zirconium?

Thanks for any answers

SUDDHASATTWA GHOSH