[Wien] some comments on parallel execution of wien2k

Robert Laskowski rolask at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 6 22:10:20 CET 2010

Hi,
I agree iatm_proc_pack is "color" for MPI_Comm_split and according to the specification it should be non negative.
The idea behind the code around line 319

     if (jatom.le.nat.and.myid_vec.eq.0) then
        iatm_proc_pack=jatom_pe
     else if (jatom.le.nat) then
        iatm_proc_pack=nat+npe+jatom_pe
     else
        iatm_proc_pack=-(nat+npe+jatom_pe)
     endif

is to extract the first processors from suncommunicators used to split eigenvectors.
Only communicators that comes from  iatm_proc_pack=jatom_pe are used latter in the code,
but the rest must be separated. I suggest to change this part of the code to:

     if (jatom.le.nat.and.myid_vec.eq.0) then
        iatm_proc_pack=jatom_pe
     else if (jatom.le.nat) then
        iatm_proc_pack=nat+npe+jatom_pe
     else
        iatm_proc_pack=nat+npe+jatom_pe + npe       !!!! change
     endif

I do not have openmpi installed so please test it.

regards

Robert