[Wien] Solid Solution Structure Generation in Wien2k and PHONON

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Tue Jan 12 11:20:21 CET 2010

Dear Suddhasattwa,

Is it really the purpose of the Wien-list to answer to so many questions
which are both related to code problems and scientific problems?
In my point of view you are overpassing a reasonnable use of the
wien-list. If I was in your situation I would certainly think about
different options:
- to follow the next WIEN2k workshop (it will be in Nantes and from 5th
to 7th july 2010)
- to start with simplest systems before considering all the complex
systems you are looking for "with the help of many WIEN2k users and
developpers".
- to start a collaboration with a WIEN2k expert

Concerning your problem, we need more information about your system to
really help you in an efficient way. In particular, it could be useful
to know more details about the structure you are considering:
- space group
- lattice parameters
- atomic positions...

But again, my question is the following: "What do you need to
successfully achieved your calculations?"

1/ Just few advices from the wien-list (proper use of the wien-list)
2/ A major help from experts both in terms of code and science (improper
use of the wien-list)

Regards

Xavier