[Wien] Space group 185 HoMnO3

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 12 20:32:27 CET 2010

scan_cif.f even has a "patch" for inaccurate positions and
checks if it should be 1/6, 1/3,...:

      if (f1.and.sseting.eq.'hexagonal') then
         small=2.0d-5
         do i=1,nat
            do j=1,2
               do jfract=1,5
                  fract=jfract/6.d0
                  if (abs(x(j,i)-fract).lt.small) x(j,i)=fract
                  if (abs(x(j,i)+fract).lt.small) x(j,i)=-fract

However, at present it requires a precision of 2.d-5 and this is not
fulfilled when x=0.3333 only.

It is trivial to change and I'll do it, but:  what if you have a cif
file for a structure with a small distortion ??