[Wien] [Wien2k User Group] Transformation of structures

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Jan 13 07:03:56 CET 2010

Dear Suddhasattwa,

I had similar question some times ago and I simply generated the two
settings using powder cell.
This program is free and allows to convert a structure towards the
setting you want.
You simply have to generate a case.ins file / open this file in powder
cell / change the setting / save the newcase.ins file / open newcase.ins
file in endeavour / save as newcase.cif / cif2struct ...

I didn't remember which one should be used. But the last time I simply
tried these two settings and looked at the resulting nearest-neighbor
distances, allowing me to know which one was the good one.

Regards

Xavier