[Wien] Change in case.inso file for spin orbit coupling

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Fri Jan 15 14:10:54 CET 2010

Thanks for the good clues, Stefaan.
I got my answers.

Suddhasattwa

-----Original Message-----
From: wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
[mailto:wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] On Behalf Of Stefaan
Cottenier
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 5:16 PM
To: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Subject: Re: [Wien] Change in case.inso file for spin orbit coupling

1) a first clue you find in the usersguide (Sec. 7.4.3, description of
lines 5 and 6)

2) if more explanation is needed, you might google the mailing list
archive for "relativistic local orbital" (many hits)

3) and in the collection of papers at www.wien2k.at/papers/index.html
you can search for p1/2, which will give you this paper where the
underlying physics is explained:

Electronic structure of fcc Th - spin orbit calculations with 6p1/2
local orbital extension
J.Kunes, P.Novak, R.Schmid, P.Blaha and K.Schwarz, Phys.Rev. B 64,
153102 (2001)

Stefaan

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA wrote:
> Dear Wien2k users,
>
> The incorporation of spin orbit coupling is carried out by changing
> suitably the case.inso file.
>
> There are two lines in the inso file for which I wish to seek
> clarification.
>
> First there is NX
>
> Then
>
> NX1 -4.97 0.0005 atom number, e-lo, de(case.in1), repeat NX times
>
> What is the meaning of "repeat NX times"
>

> Then does it mean that if suppose we have AB
>
> Then we have to change the line as
>
> 1 -2.07 (from case.in1)  0.0005 atom number, e-lo, de(case.in1), repeat
> NX times
>
> 2 -1.38 (from case.in1) 0.0005 atom number, e-lo, de(case.in1), repeat
> NX times
>
> NX will be 2 in the previous line.
>
> For atom A as 1 and B as 2 from struct file.
>

> In case we have only A with 3 different non-equivalent positions
>

> Then it will be changed as
>
> 1 -2.07 (from case.in1)  0.0005 atom number, e-lo, de(case.in1), repeat
> NX times
>
> Only.
>

> Am I right?
>

> Suddhasattwa

Stefaan Cottenier
Center for Molecular Modeling (CMM)
Ghent University
Technologiepark 903 (2nd floor)
BE-9052 Zwijnaarde
Belgium

http://molmod.Ugent.be
email: Stefaan . Cottenier /at/ UGent . be