[Wien] use of wien2k for simulation of properties at higher temperature

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 05:55:02 CET 2010

Dear All,

            I have a question regarding the use of WIEN2k for simulation of
material properties at different temperatures. Can it be used

(1) to observe the properties of a given material at different
temperatures....such as say at -60 degree, 50 degree and at 250 degree
centigrade?

(2) If we take structures of the material at those temperatures is it be
feasible to say that simulation by using those structures will approximately
give the properties of the material at those temperatures?....as DFT is a
ground state theory can WIEN2k be really used to simulate properties of
materials at higher temperature?

(3) Is molecular dynamics is possible using the newest version of WIEN2k?

We are eagerly waiting for your  response. Looking forward to you...

Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Scholar
IIT Kharagpur
Kharagpur-721302