[Wien] : Error in lapw_mini

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Jul 14 10:15:52 CEST 2010

Dear Ghosh,

Please stop such comments while so many people did a lot for you by
replying to the huge number of questions you already asked in the WIEN-LIST.
I already send you an email long time ago about the proper use of the
WIEN list.

One more time I would like to advice you to use a different strategy
when you are facing problems. Here is the strategy I apply (and I always
do mistakes like any of us).
1/ analysis of the problem looking at the log, error and output files
and using the WIEN2k user guide
2/ if not solved, use of the search tool of the WIEN-list (to find if
such question has been already solved)
3/ only if I didn't find a solution, ask a question to the wien-list
indicating clearly the nature of the problem and providing enough
information to the WIEN2k users (struct file, errors, ...).

Personnaly I always try to ask questions to the wien-list only when I
have no others solutions. It is perhaps due to the fact that I learned
WIEN97 and at this period there was no wienlist and the only way to
solve a problem was to do it yourself or to ask a question to Peter
Blaha. So when I was sending an email to Peter I was thinking a lot;
taking a lot of time to explain my problem, putting many details. So you
can imagine that during my first year I sent very few emails to Peter
(perhaps 2 or 3). It was in 1997 or 1998 and the best documents I was
using to learn the WIEN2k code was the WIEN2K user guide (which is
excellent in my point of view), the book of David Singh, and the source
code.

To conclude, if you take the time to look at this last year and the
number of replies you received from the wien2k users you will see that
your last reply is not justified.

One last question: do you know another code providing such an efficient
support (mailing list)?

A good tool should be used with care (and I say that for me at least
each day).

Regards

Xavier