[Wien] Bug in kgen?

mazin mazin at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jul 16 15:45:49 CEST 2010

I found strange behavior in the kgen module.

In the outputkgen file there is a list of all k-points with the
corresponding inequivalent points ("relations"). This starts with the
37th line in the case.outputkgen file. This information is quite useful
for postprocessing. I found that this list is always correct if you use
a non-centered lattice, that is, not body-centered, face-centered,
base-centered etc, and it is always correct when the number of divisions
is the same for all reciprocal lattice vectors. However, if you use a
centered lattice (try fcc, for instance), and division numbers as, say,
5,5,2, the resulting list is plainly incorrect. It gives "relations"
with numbers that exceed the number of inequivalent points. Yet the
actual list of inequivalent points (case.klist) is correct. Any comments?

Thanks
Igor
Igor Mazin, NRL, code 6390, 4555 Overlook Ave SW, Washington, DC 20375
Phone: (202) 767-6990; Fax: (202) 404-7546; e-mail mazin at nrl.navy.mil
Home Page http://cst-www.nrl.navy.mil/users/mazin