[Wien] Doubt in calculation with spin-orbit interaction

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Thu Jul 22 21:50:12 CEST 2010

As you mention 'x lapw1' and 'x lapwso' (and not 'run_lapw -so'): is
your goal to make a k-mesh test by inspecting convergence of the
non-selfconsistent eigenvalues of the first scf-iteration as a function
of k-mesh density? (this is indeed a reasonable alternative for a k-mesh
test using converged scf results -- and much faster) In that case, you
can monitor the eigenvalues with and without spin-orbit separately. I
guess both should be converged in order to decide you have a good k-mesh.

Hence:

x kgen (first input)
x lapw1
x lapwso