[Wien] IFORT 11.1 and symmetry (2x missing)

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Sun Jun 13 16:19:01 CEST 2010

Dear Laurence
thanks for youre suggestions,
the problem is resolved if using the "new" switch -fltconsistency
instead of the combination -mp1 -prec-div etc.

such that the FOPT looks like
-FR -w -fltconsistency -xHost -O3 -m64 -ip
instead of
-FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -DINTEL_VML -traceback -xHost -m64 -ip

(note -pc80 does not help as it is the default anyway and I also did not check whether -pad is always a good idea).

The problem of matrot.f is indeed only in INVA, i used it separately and
changed rather every loop and floating point operation without resolving the problem with -O3,
usually I don't find that insistent problems.

The somewhat cleaned version  of matrot is attached,
The matrix inversion was not used anyway, but only the determinant was checked by INVA

During the next week I will check
if some of the -fp options are a better choice for the overall performance
otherwise I would suggest to use
-FR -w -fltconsistency -DINTEL_VML -traceback
or similar as default for siteconfig

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher