[Wien] FW: Differences in the hcp and fcc stabilities of zirconium [Updated]

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Mon Jun 14 04:40:38 CEST 2010

Dear Prof.Blaha,
Thank you for the reply. The change in total energy by spin orbit coupling
is only by a few rydbergs, but it shows a huge change in kJ/mol.
Thanks anyway.
I will come back to the mailing list after I have incorporated "so" in fcc
zirconium.
However, I still have the doubt.
In case, we do the total energy calculation for the stable state (ground
state) with sp, and so both,
Then for the lattice stability of the metastable state , do we have to do a
sp and so both.
In the paper I referred to my earlier mail, sp has been done for Zirconium
which sounds strange.
In your paper on hcp metals, you have not incorporated so for Zr.
That means for lattice stability
Ground state (sp, so) minus metastable state (sp,so) is right
ground state (sp,so) minus metastable state (so) is wrong

Am I right sir,
Suddhasattwa