[Wien] SDW calculation ?

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Jun 16 13:24:36 CEST 2010

Take care that you do not mix up spin density waves, spin-spirals (sometimes called "frozen phonons") and such things.
A good source to be read first is :
J. Kübler; "Theory of Itinerant Electron Magnetism";  Oxford Science Publications
and the original works on the matter that is cited there.

Also note that Cr is very special, I have the experience with Cr that the q-dependency of the spin spiral states
is very sensitive to all kinds of parameters, exchange-correlation functionals or whatever else one has to play arround.

Conclusion: Read youre Kübler very well, before he rejects the manuscript !

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University