[Wien] [Wien2k Users] Spin Orbit Coupling in UZr2 Supercell

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Sat Mar 13 10:09:30 CET 2010

Dear Wien2k users and Dr. Stefaan,

The successful generation of UZr2 supercell (16 atoms) led to the successful
convergence for the ground state energy of UZr2.

Thanks

I have two queries

1. Initially I took 2x2x2 cell.

2. Does it make sense to choose a 3x3x3 cell for the same? To see if ENE
changes. I had taken 20000 points in xkgen.

3. Do I have to do a volume optimization?

When I am incorporating spin orbit coupling for U, it is taking a lot of
time to converge. The former calculation did not take much time though. The
lapw1-c is running for a lot of time.

Any suggestions.

Suddhasattwa Ghosh