[Wien] Mg-inst-file

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Mon Mar 15 14:48:12 CET 2010

>    I want to calculate antiferromagnetic coupling in two Mg-doped GaN. I
> don't know how to design the inst-file of Mg, since Mg has two 3s
> electrons.

Move 1 electron in 3p. What matters is to have a starting configuration
with a moment. If the moment survives the scf-cycle, then you'll see
from case.scf which electrons are responsible for it. If Mg does not
'want' to have a moment in this matrix, you'll loose your moment during
scf (but if you start without initial moment, you'll never pick it up
during scf).

Stefaan