[Wien] [Wien2k Users] Method of analysis for Option 6: Structure Optimization: parabolicfit_lapw

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Tue Mar 30 05:33:01 CEST 2010

Dear Wien2k users,

I have a tried to generate 27 structures with 2 % change for an orthorhombic
case using Option 6 in structure optimization. The UG mentions the use of
parabolicfit_lapw and eosfit6 for an analytic description of the energy
surface.

Can I get more details on this.

I have 27 SCF files after the optimization is over and would now to know the
method of applying parabolicfit_lapw to these SCF files.

Grossly, I would like to know the most stable structure.

My approach is

To generate case.ene and case.latparam by parabolicfit_lapw

Use eosfit6

But how do we plot the energy vs lattice parameters.

Any suggestions please

Suddhasattwa