[Wien] How to calculate orbital moment and HFF?

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Thu May 6 08:53:09 CEST 2010

You did it correctly, but looked at the wrong place for the final
information.

* run a regular scf-cycle (with spin-orbit)
* execute lapwdm for spin-up, with the same options as you see in :log
for lapw2 (x lapwdm -up <+other options>)
* finally, look in case.scfdmup where you will find the orbital hff for
all atoms and orbitals that you requested in case.indmc

Similarly for the dipolar contribution to the hff (with rindex=3 and
rindex=5).

The label :ORBxxx in case.scf appears only if you do a LDA+U
calculation, and gives then the same number you could find by lapwdm.

Stefaan