[Wien] How to calculate orbital moment and HFF?

Bin Shao binshao1118 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:57:45 CEST 2010

Dear Stefaan,

Thank you for your kindly suggestions.

>* execute lapwdm for spin-up, with the same options as you see in :log
>for lapw2 (x lapwdm -up <+other options>)

I check :log and find that "(x) lapw2 -c -up -so -p", so I did a
calculation by using command: x lapwdm -c -up -so -p, but some errors
come

bash: lapwdmc: command not found

it seems the program did not found the command lapwdmc. I don't know whether
this error comes from my installation or the code itself. Then I check the
install_dir and find the scripts lapwdm, lapwdmcpara -> lapwdmpara,
lapwdmpara -> lapwdmpara_lapw, and lapwdmpara_lapw. Besides I can do a SO
calculation by command: x lapwso -c -up -p.

Next, I try a calculation by command: x lapwdm -up -p -so and it finishes
successfully. But the file Fe.scfdmup is empty.

I am puzzled:
1) What the difference between lapwdm and lapwdmc?
2) Why the Fe.scfdmup is empty.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

--
Bin Shao
College of Information Technical Science, Nankai University
Email: binshao1118 at gmail.com