[Wien] Magnetism of dilute alloys

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Fri May 14 07:20:49 CEST 2010

Probably the magnetism got lost during your vasp calculation. Is it
possible to do fixed-spin-moment calculations in vasp? If so, do the
vasp calculation with a fixed moment of 2.5 mu_B, and use the result of
the latter calculation as starting point of a regular vasp scf-cycle.

Another way to convince you about the feasibility of the magnetic result
in wien2k, is to make a nonmagnetic calculation for this system by
wien2k. Is the energie larger or smaller than the energy of the magnetic
result? (once you have the magnetic and nonmagnetic energies with both
codes, you can even compare the energy difference for the two codes).

Stefaan