[Wien] missing case.scf file

Lyudmila V. Dobysheva lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
Thu May 20 08:25:35 CEST 2010

> When I run full calculations on the attached Cd2Re2O7.struct file I am not
>  getting a case.scf file returned.

In the attached struct file you have certainly an excess of Re atoms. It does
not correspond to your desired composition: you declare Cd2Re2O7, but you have
Cd4Re24O14.
The distances between atoms are too small: 0.15118 A.U.
Accordingly, the Rmt of the first atom is absolutely unphysical: RMT=    0.0700

Do your other struct files that you mentioned have the same?
One is not to work with such struct files.

>  The
>  other four .struct files that correspond to the rest of the displacements
>  run fine and do produce a .scf file.

I cannot believe.

Best wishes
Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 442118 (home), 218988(office), 250614(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
        lyuka17 at mail.ru
        lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su
http://fti.udm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/