[Wien] LAPW2 crashed when running in parallel

Lyudmila V. Dobysheva lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
Mon Nov 1 14:36:53 CET 2010

01 Nov 2010 02:56:47 Wei Xie wrote:
> We encountered some problem when running in parallel (K-point, MPI or
>  both)--the calculations crashed at LAPW2. Note we had no problem running
>  it in serial.
> This is a TiC example running

Dear Wei,

Isn't the error connected with spin-polarised - spin-UNpolarised cases? TiC is
to be calculated unpolarised, as far as I know.
> 1. stdout (abridged)
> TiC.scf1up_1: No such file or directory.

Was lapw1 really successfull?

> 3. uplapw2.error
> Error in LAPW2
>  'LAPW2' - can't open unit: 18
>  'LAPW2' -        filename: TiC.vspup
>  'LAPW2' -          status: old          form: formatted

It looks like your initialization was done without spin-polarization, but
runsp_lapw was run. But in this case lapw1 must also be unsuccessful (?).

Best regards,
Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 442118 (home), 218988(office), 250614(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su
        lyuka17 at mail.ru
        lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
http://fti.udm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/