[Wien] what should be the best configuration of the system for DFT calculation of ceramics and polymers

Chandra Bhanu Basak cbbasak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:30:24 CET 2010

Dear Shamik,

For 250 atoms a single server may not be a good idea. Specially for polymer
where low Z elements are there... meaning higher energy cut-off...

However, for compact server there are several options. In fact now a days it
is possible to have motherboard that supports 4 quadcore processors (e.g.
Gigabit / Asus)... on the other hand AMD came out with 12 core processor...
so in a single server one can have 4X12=48 cores.

Doing a bit of gooling is best way to get the latest info about the
hardware.

Regards,

C. B. Basak