[Wien] MAE of Co hcp

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 15 14:01:31 CEST 2010

No, you are NOT using P1 symmetry (but you have 24 symops.)

As I said, you have to find a "common" symmetry for all your cases. Your struct file definitely
does not do this.

If you are unable to manage this by yourself, eventually you may have to use a trick like
"adding a 3rd atom at some arbitrary position", so that the WIEN2k initialization programs
really find P1 symmetry with only ONE symop. (or the common one). Stop the initialization
after kgen.
After you have this, remove the 3rd atom from struct and in* files and run lstart and dstart
to complete the initialization.
The runsp
save_lapw
The do the spinorbit+lapw2 for the two directions.

PS: Please note: As far as I remember, the MAE of Co is only a few mycroRy, i.e. one had to use
enormous k-meshes to get anything meaningful (and LDA/GGA is wrong anyway ?). Check literature.