[Wien] Problem with force minimization

Maxim Rakitin rms85 at physics.susu.ac.ru
Tue Oct 26 09:58:19 CEST 2010

Dear Saeed,

What system do you investigate? Did you perform scf-calculation without
minimization? Was it successful?

Which errors did you get during minimization? In case you need to
minimize forces along the z-axis only, you can "freeze" atom positions
in case.inM file. There is a nice manual on structure optimization here:
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/Optimization-Notes.pdf. You can
find all answers on your question in the document.

Best regards,
- Maxim Rakitin