[Wien] [?? Probable Spam] Re: "Bad Header Error" after SCF cycle in TiC and NaCl problems

Krisna Swaroop Sharma sharma.krishnaswaroop at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 18:17:21 CEST 2010

Dear Mr. Rakitin,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I tried again the TiC problem from the
begining following steps given in w2web. I gave "TiC" title to the session
and worked in WIENROOT/WIEN2KDATA/TiC directory. I again got "ERROR-BAD
HEADER". However, scf cycle converged in 12 cycles and after saving the same
as TiC_scf  I was able to successfully work out charge density, dendity of
states, X-ray spectra and band structure successfully by following a
suggestion given by Prof. Peter Blaha to include case.klist_band, which I
was earlier skipping considering that the required klist and points for the
bands are selected by X-crysden and hence this step may be meant for the
case when X-crysden is not used. On correcting the mistake band structure
was obtained. Thanks to Prof. Peter Blaha for the same. It means "ERROR-BAD
HEADER" is simply to be ignored.

However the other problem is not yet resolved. In STRUCTGEN of TiC I give
the values of lattice parameters a=b=c=4.328A, which after 2-3 steps on
w2web automatically show
Mode of calc=RELA, unit=ang
8.178738  8.178738  8.178738  90.000000  90.000000  90.000000
I am not able to resolve this problem. It seems the values of a,b,c are
automatically converted from Angstrom to bohr units, but the unit does not
change from A to bohr units. Kindly suggest some solution for the same.
With kind regards.
Sincerely Yours
K. S. Sharma