[Wien] incompatibility introduced in lapw1para_lapw in version 10.1

Jian-Xin Zhu jxzhu at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 3 19:33:00 CEST 2010

Dear  Peter and Wien users,

I suspect there is an incompatibility introduced in lapw1para_lapw.
In line 491 of this file, it reads

echo "$loop : `head -1 .machine$p` :  $tail : $number_per_job[$p] : $p" >>.processes

It does correctly generate .processes file on linux clusters. (I tested it on one linux cluster to which I have access. The job was run with k-point parallelization.)
But  it fails to do so on Mac OSX with option -p.

As such, I suggest we might have to change back to

            echo "$loop : $machine[$p] :  $tail : $number_per_job[$p] : $p" >>.processes

Otherwise, an incorrect .processes will cause the difficulty in running LDA+U
in the quenched moment setting, when -p option is used on Mac OSX systems.

But I don't know whether this change back will cause the problem
when running jobs with MPI fine-grained parallelization.

Thanks,

Jian-Xin

--
Jian-Xin Zhu, Ph.D