[Wien] Strange discontinuity for GGA calculations

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 7 14:25:37 CEST 2010

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce your results.

With good parameters I get nice and smooth curves.
The lattice parameter (PBE) is near 8.73, which is smaller
than in your plots.
The RMT dependency is quite small, provided you use good parameters:

RKmax=10 (9 is probably almost ok)
NUMK: I used 11000 (22x22x22) points in full-BZ.(16x16x16 leads to some noise)
Most important for GGA calculations: You have to use a VERY good FFT mesh for
the xc-energy, in particular for smaller spheres. I used IFFT 5 (instead of
the default 2) in case.in0

I attach some plots.