[Wien] Freestanding Pb slab calculation

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Sep 7 16:20:06 CEST 2010

So many things....

0. 6 layers of Pb and 12 of vacuum is strange. I normally use 2/3
crystal, 1/3 vacuum.
1. Don't ignore the changes Wien2k suggests -- use them
2. You will need to do a minimization of the positions before you can
look at the band structure.
3. Use a centro-symmetric structure, it avoids many potential pitfalls
as well as being faster.
4. Not sure what your RMT's are, but 5.0 for RKMAX if you have RMT's
of 2.0 (or larger) is really small.
5. I recommend using a smaller TEMP term (0.0018, i.e. room
temperature). A larger value was useful for the old mixer but is no
longer so useful.
6. I strongly recommend using TEMPS, not TEMP as TEMPS is
variationally correct and TEMP is not. This will avoid some possible
problems during minimizations.

There are probably more, but this will get you started.....

--
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall