[Wien] Freestanding Pb slab calculation

Bartosz Slomski bartosz.slomski at psi.ch
Wed Sep 8 12:15:34 CEST 2010

Dear Mr Blaha,

indeed my structure does not represent a surface along [111].
I made a mistake using structgen/octave. Instead of using
makeconventional one should use "makeprimitive"
Afterwards one has to change in StructGen the gamma angle to 120° and
select lattice type H.

The final structure (Pb_slab_34_34.struct) has the stacking of A-B-C but
still differs slightly from the Au example.
In the Au example there is vacuum between the 12th layer and the 13th
layer, or are the layers 13..24 just the repeated unit cell of layer 1..12?

During initialization of the Pb_slab I get the warning: you must move
the origin.

Perhabs the procedure to generate a surface along [111] is still wrong.

Thanks and best regards.