[Wien] Question about spaghetti_ene and work flow

Bartosz Slomski bartosz.slomski at psi.ch
Tue Sep 14 10:58:41 CEST 2010

Dear users,

after calculating the bandstructure of a slab along M-G-M with 100
kpoints generated with xcrysden, I downloaded the file spaghetti_ene and
use IGOR to display the bandstructure. The lattice constant is a =4.95
Angstrom, hence the full Brioullin zone covers a momentaum range of
k=2pi/a = 1.27 1/Angstrom.
However, when I inspect the ene file the k-range starts at -0.38756 till
0.38756, which does not correspond to the lattice constant used in
case.struct. So how to convert this k-column generated by spaghetti_ene.

Another question is about the correct work flow.

After running a SCF cycle with a certain lattice parameter, I saved the
lapw and changed the lattice constant and run the SCF cylcle again. Is
this the correct procedure or should I re-run some ini-steps before
running the SCF cylcle when changing the lattice parameter.

Thanks,
with best regards,

Bartosz

--
Bartosz Slomski
Swiss Light Source, Paul Scherrer Institut