[Wien] trouble compiling WIEN2k

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Sep 20 10:48:08 CEST 2010

It is a warning, not an error, ignore it.

2010/9/20 Maxim Rakitin <rms85 at physics.susu.ac.ru>:
> Hi Chandrani and WIEN2k community,
>
> I had the same problem when I compiled WIEN2k 10.1, and I haven't sorted it
> out either. I can open your attachment in my Thunderbird. The problem is
> with lots of similar warning messages like:
> W2kutils.c(131): warning #167: argument of type "void (*)()" is incompatible
> with parameter of type "__sighandler_t"
>           signal ( SIGINT, w2ksignal_int );  /* Interrupt */
> It's obvious that the problem is connected with C-routine W2kutils.c, and it
> cannot identify some parameters. The routine seems new or significantly
> modified, because I haven't seen the problem in previous versions of WIEN2k.
> Although there is no error, but these warning messages exist.
> I suppose options tuning can help in this situation, but I'm not sure what
> exactly should be changed in OPTIONS file.
>
> If somebody met the problem and found the solution of it, please share your
> experience with us.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best regards,
>    Maxim Rakitin
>    Postgraduate student
>    South Ural State University,
>    76 Lenin av., Chelyabinsk, Russia, 454080
>    Email: rms85 at physics.susu.ac.ru
>    Web: http://www.susu.ac.ru
>
> 20.09.2010 11:38, bchandra at barc.gov.in пишет:
>
>  I am getting an error msg in the SRC_vecpratt folder after compilation in
>  compile.msg
>
>  I am attaching the "compile.msg" file. Please let me know where the
>  problem might be.
>
>  Thanks and regards
>  Chandrani Bhattacharya
>  ThPD, BARC,
>  India

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering and imaging to study the structure of matter.