[Wien] Projected bulk bandstructure

MingWenmei iphyboy at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 03:48:06 CEST 2011

Dear all,
In order to get the surface state band structure from a slab calculation, I want to plot the bulk projected band structure  for comparison. For example the surface of interest is (110), a very tedious way to get bulk projected band structure is first to discretize (001) direction with a quite small interval, then do a bunch of bulk band structure calculations with the k-points in the first step, and finally overlap the band-structures obtained from steps with the shared k-point indices parallel to the surface.
I am wondering there is some other easier way for me to do that, or some program already implemented in Wien2k for this purpose?
Thanks so much.Wenmei Ming