[Wien] Projected bulk bandstructure

MingWenmei iphyboy at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:36:18 CEST 2011

Hi Pblaha,
Thank you so much for you immediate reply.I want to put together the slab band structure and corresponding bulk band structure, and then compare the two. If there appears some extra bands other than the well-defined bulk bands, we may perceive these extra bands are closely related to the surface structure from the slab.Then my question is: how I do the 2D-projected bulk band structure, since in wien2k the available band structure plot is basically 3-D plot(in the sense you should specify the k-points in (kx,ky,kz) form).
Thanks for sharing some experience.Wenmei Ming