[Wien] install problem

石垣 雅 tishigaki at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Aug 5 14:23:57 CEST 2011

Dear Sir,

I'm really beginner of computing experience.
Now I try to installation of compiler, but it couldn’t.
Please advice me.

[SYSTEM]
CPU:Pen4  2.6GHz (We are poor budget!!)

[CASE1: Tried order]
1. download fedora 13 and install.
2. installed Intel C++ 10.0.026
3. installed intel Fortran 10.0.023
4. Update of Intel Fortran, above.
5. download Intel MKL 10.0.0.5.025 and install ->. Indicate error “Unable to find rpm tool.” “Please add it’s location to your pass and restart installation.” “Installation failed.”
“Finish installation.”
6. I cannot find MKL anywhere.

How do I solve this problem?
Which complier ver. is good combination of Pen4 ?

[CASE 2: Tried order]
1. download fedora 13 and install.
2. installed Intel C++ Fortran 11.1.072 with MKL 9.0
3. installed Wine2k.
4. operate “expand lapw”
5. operate “site config lapw” -> indicate “compile error”. (lapw0, 1, 2, 3, etc.)
6. operate “user config_lapw”
7. operate “w2web”
8. calculate SCF of TiC sample -> indicate “not find lapw0”

How do I solve this problem? How do I associate of mkl?

Tadashi Ishigaki, Niigata university
mailto:tishigaki at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp