[Wien] Symmetry of the supercell is not taken during initialization

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Thu Aug 18 10:08:32 CEST 2011

If you do not break the symmetry (by displacing an atom, by introducing
an impurity, by adding vacuum,...) then wien2k will correctly detect
that the same situation can be described by a smaller cell (and less
computational effort). There is no information gain in merely increasing
the unit cell.

If you insist doing this, you can label one or more of your atoms after
the supercell has been generated (e.g. after x supercell, replace for
one of the inequivalent positions the atom 'Si' by 'Si1'). If sgroup now
preserves the number of atoms, you're done. It it still reduces the cell
by some fraction, then label a second atom ('Si2').

Stefaan