[Wien] [WIEN] LSMO bands

Lukasz Plucinski pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Sat Aug 27 16:09:25 CEST 2011

  Dear Prof. Blaha, and WIEN users,

I am able to calculate LSMO bands in VCA approximation, with 0.3
"doping". I am using the U=2eV for the Mn atom, GGA+U. Program converges
in spin-polarized mode, and the band structure can be produced, however,
it is slightly different than the band structure from Krempasky et al.
PRB (2008). In addition the plotted energy range in this paper is
limited, color scale does not help to read the actual bands at k_perp =
0, and only Gamma-X direction is plotted.

Would you be able to comment on this, and would you possibly be able to
send me your band structure over more extended range for comparison.

Furthermore I have seen another LDA+U band structure in Chikamatsu et
al. PRB 73, 195105 (2006), which differ from Krenpasky et al. results --
e.g. in case of minority gap.

It seems to me that the "standard" DFT band structure of LSMO is not
established, and the differences are large. Could you  advise how to
deal with this ?

Regards,
Lukasz