No subject

Sat Aug 27 08:05:33 CEST 2011

threaded-ht-virtual-cpus.html

a) This should report the total number of physical CPUs:
grep -i "physical id" /proc/cpuinfo | sort -u | wc -l

b) This should report the total number of logical CPUs:
grep -i "processor" /proc/cpuinfo | sort -u | wc -l

> I did. I dont got any error. but an strange message:
> ----------------------------------------------------it is a long message.=
> have the message in a file---------------------------
> sleep 1
> Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
> ssh: cd /home/nilton/pesquisa/dftCalc/calWien/gaxtl1-xas/075/case;time
> mpirun -np 4 -machinefile .machine: Name or service not known
> end
>
> It seems that are looking for .machine file. but It dont exist. I can pas=
te
> this command because it dont have the exec. file

Somehow you have lost the exec. Your parallel_options should have something=
 like
setenv WIEN_MPIRUN "mpirun -v -np _NP_ -machinefile _HOSTS_ _EXEC_"

Has the _EXEC_ vanished? There is something wrong with the scripting
(not lapw1_mpi itself)

Or, you have a DNS issue, see

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/ssh-name-or-serv=
ice-not-known-479307/

N.B., doing a google search on terms such as "name or service not
found" is how I found this, and similarly for the first links. Almost
all coders/debuggers/developers use google this way, normally someone
else has already asked a similar question!

> Nilton
> --
> Nilton S. Dantas
> Universidade Estadual de Feira de Santana
> Departamento de Ci=EAncias Exatas
> =C1rea de Inform=E1tica
> Av. Transnordestina, S/N, Bairro Novo Horizonte
> CEP 44036900 - Feira de Santana, Bahia, Brasil
> Tel./Fax +55 75 31618086
> http://www2.ecomp.uefs.br/

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu 1-847-491-3996
"Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
nobody else has thought"
Albert Szent-Gyorgi