[Wien] instaling wien2k

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Dec 17 17:35:23 CET 2011

Hi Zhara,

It seems you did not receive the email I sent you off the list (on Dec.
1).  In that email, I suggested the following:

1) Use " I    Linux (Intel ifort 12.0 compiler + mkl )" for
"l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.4.191" or "l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.7.256" not "K1
Linux (Intel ifort 11.1 compiler + mkl )".

2) For systems with AMD processors, download from the Intel website
(usually, the license file is received by email and the link to the
Intel download website for your account is provided in that email) and
install "l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.7.256".

If your system has Intel processors, install and use
"l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.3.174" instead.

Wien2k may not run correctly if you use version
"l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.4.191" of the Fortran compiler.

3) Did you source compilervars.sh in your .bashrc (or execute
compilervars.sh) to set the environmental variables for the compiler in
a terminal before running the Wien2k setup?

You should have added the following line to .bashrc (note: if the
terminal reports an error, then you may have to adjust something in the
source line).

For l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.3.174,

source /opt/intel/composerxe-2011/bin/compilervars.sh ia32

For l_fcompxe_ia32_2011.7.256,

source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/bin/compilervars.sh ia32

4) Regarding "specify compiler options", first try using the default
ones that Wien2k setup recommends.  If that don't work, try what is
recommend by Intel's link advisor for your system:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor/

5) Probably using Centos5.3 for ifort 12.x and Wien2k is okay, but it is
noted that the ifort 12.x compiler does not seem to be supported by
Intel for this operating system.

See "System Requirements" section of each release note for supported
operating systems by the compiler:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-composer-xe-2011-release-notes/

Kind Regards,

Gavin