[Wien] Step for GGA+U calculations

Nguyen Trang trang_nt at vnu.edu.vn
Tue Dec 20 06:17:25 CET 2011

Hi,

LDA+U is one of orbital dependent methods. So to run a LDA+U calculation,
firstly you must create input files for the orbital dependence potentials.
The templates for these files are *case.indm* and *case.inorb* within the *
SRC_templates* directory of the wien2k package. Once you have these files
in your current directory (modify them as you want), use the command
"*runsp_lapw
-orb*" to launch yỏu LDA+U calculation. Note, you must run spin-polarized
calculation in order to use orbital potential.

More detail instructions and explanations can be found in the "userguide"
handbook for wien2k which can be downloaded from
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/

Cheers!