[Wien] RKmax related errors in parallel OPTIC program

wanxiang feng fengwanxiang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:01:47 CET 2011

Dear Prof. Blaha

There are some RKmax related errors in parallel OPTIC
program(WIEN2k_11.1). My system is monolayer MoS2 with slab model, I
just want to calculate the momentum operator elements by using OPTIC
program. If I do serial calculation and set RKmax = 7 or 9 in
case.in1c,  all will be OK. If I do parallel calculation, RKmax = 7 is
OK, but RKmax=9 gives me an error.

After obtained the converged ground state, my calculation flow is:

1) serial calculation

x lapw0
x lapw1 -c -up
x lapw1 -c -dn
x lapwso -c -up
x optic -c -so -up

RKmax = 7 or 9 are all OK!

2) parallel calculation (k-point parallel)

x lapw0
x lapw1 -c -up -p
x lapw1 -c -dn -p
x lapwso -c -up -p
x optic -c -so -up -p

RKmax = 7 is OK, but RKmax = 9 is ERROR!

The error information:
running OPTIC in parallel mode
[1] 24639
[2] 24833
[3] 25027
[4] 25221
[5] 25415
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
opticc             0000000000423937  planew_                   164  planew_tmp.f
opticc             000000000043247F  mom_mat_                  588  sph-UP_tmp.f
opticc             000000000041D660  MAIN__                    447  opmain.f
opticc             00000000004035EC  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libc.so.6          000000366FC1D994  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
opticc             00000000004034F9  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

I attached structure file and all input files, could you kindly help
me to test it and find out the exact reason?

Thanks in advance!

Feng