[Wien] Suggestions on PHONON Calculations 3

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Wed Feb 2 15:03:22 CET 2011

Dear Prof. Blaha,

I guess my querie may be inappropriate in the Wien2k mailing list. Still,
first I would request Prof. Blaha to kindly give me permission and help me
in sorting the issue in PHONON which actually is not a Wien2k problem.

After I imported the case.dsy file ( forces convergence obtained with 0.01
mRy) in phonon software and incorporated the lattice parameters of the
supercell and the number of atoms, I applied the translational and
rotational  invariances, I get the Do Report in PHONON.

Then I am asked to restore symmetry and fit the frequencies and I get the
following in PHONON

First mark "yes" at restore symmetry.

I am not sure at this point and I also do not get the force constants
although there are no errors in the  Do Report.

The supercell is Pmma_51 with 12 atoms with 3 different inequivalent atoms.

Can I send you the case.dsy file for your perusal.

Thanks and regards

Suddhasattwa Ghosh