[Wien] Suggestions on PHONON Calculation 4

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 10 13:59:56 CET 2011

If your supercell contains only 12 atoms ?? it is a very small supercell.

Thus only on very few q-points the phonons will be correct, while using such a small
cell the phonons on other q-points can be completely wrong.

When you plot the force constants, you should see that the far distance f.c. are still not
converged (small).

No, I don't want you dsy file.

When the "sum of forces" during analyse_phonon are small for every displacement, there
is no problem with the WIEN2k calculations.

Please read the phonon manual. It is clearly said there, that you need a sizable supercell!