[Wien] A problem with icc and wien2k

EGUCHI Gaku geguchi at scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Feb 19 19:27:05 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm also in the same trouble with x lstart even in using ifort (v12)+gcc:
SELECT XCPOT:
recommended: 13: PBE-GGA (Perdew-Burke-Ernzerhof 96)
5: LSDA
11: WC-GGA (Wu-Cohen 2006)
19: PBEsol-GGA (Perdew etal. 2008)
SELECT ENERGY to separate core and valence states:
recommended: -6.0 Ry (check how much core charge leaks out of MT-sphere)
ALTERNATIVELY: specify charge localization
(between 0.97 and 1.0) to select core state
forrtl: severe (71): integer divide by zero
Image PC Routine Line Source
lstart 080C2158 Unknown Unknown Unknown
lstart 080561CC MAIN__ 136 lstart.f
lstart 08049FA4 Unknown Unknown Unknown
libc.so.6 4008DBD6 Unknown Unknown Unknown
lstart 08049EB1 Unknown Unknown Unknown
0.008u 0.004s 0:00.01 0.0% 0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
error: command /home/gaku/WIEN2k/lstart lstart.def failed

This case I tried with pure sodium crystal and .inst file looks no problem:
Na
Ne 1
3,-1,0.5 N
3,-1,0.5 N
****
**** END of input (instgen_lapw)

I also tried with TiC that came across the same problem.

For the trouble relating to SRC_vecpratt is removed by changing icc for gcc.
I'd very happy if someone knows how to solve the trouble.

Best,
G. Eguchi

(11/02/19 19:13), César de la Fuente wrote:
> Everything works fine by using gcc instead icc (12.0).
>
> Thanks.
> César

>>> compilers. But now I cannot avoid the next problem never seen before in
>>> the
>>> SRC_vectpratt programs (please see the " compile_SRC_vecpratt.txt"
>>> attached).
>>>
>>> It only seems a warning not a real error!. However, when I execute the
>>> TiC-example of the Wien2k-guide (just to calibrate the software
>>> installation) I cannot pass-through the initialization process, as
> usually
>>> done.
>>>
>>> As expected, it stops at x lstart program showing me up the next warning:

>>> Invalid null command.
>>> SELECT XCPOT:
>>> recommended: 13: PBE-GGA (Perdew-Burke-Ernzerhof 96)
>>> 5: LSDA
>>> 11: WC-GGA (Wu-Cohen 2006)
>>> 19: PBEsol-GGA (Perdew etal. 2008)
>>>
>>> SELECT ENERGY to separate core and valence states:
>>> recommended: -6.0 Ry (check how much core charge leaks out of MT-sphere)
>>> ALTERNATIVELY: specify charge localization
>>> (between 0.97 and 1.0) to select core state
>>>

>>> WARNING: R0 for atom 1 Z= 22.00 too big
>>>
>>> forrtl: severe (71): integer divide by zero
>>> Image PC Routine Line Source
>>>
>>> lstart 080C20C9 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>
>>> lstart 080561BC MAIN__ 136 lstart.f
>>> lstart 08049FA4 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>> libc.so.6 4008BBD6 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>> lstart 08049EB1 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>
>>> 0.0u 0.0s 0:00.03 0.0% 0+0k 8+72io 0pf+0w
>>> error: command /usr/local/wien2k/lstart lstart.def failed

>>> So, the previous compiling warning must be a real error and apparently it
>>> affects to icc configuration and specifically to W2kutils.c program.
>>>
>>> Any idea about how fix the problem by using the icc compiler?
>>> I ve sourced all variables compilers.
>>> I do not know if it works with other c-compiler but first I would like to
>>> use icc.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any comments.
>>> Sincerely,
>>> César de la Fuente.

> --
> Laurence Marks
> Department of Materials Science and Engineering
> MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
> 2220 N Campus Drive
> Northwestern University
> Evanston, IL 60208, USA
> Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
> email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
> Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
> Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
> www.numis.northwestern.edu/
> Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
> scattering and imaging to study the structure of matter.

Gaku Eguchi
Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University
Oiwake-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyou-ku, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
Laboratory  TEL   : +81-75-753-3744
E-mail : geguchi at scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp
http://www.ss.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp/index.html.en