[Wien] A problem with icc and wien2k

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 23 15:40:10 CET 2011

I installed Intel ifort12 (l_fcompxe_2011.1.107) on my machine and started some
tests.

Yes, when compiling lstart with defaults it crashes with
forrtl: severe (71): integer divide by zero
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
lstart             00000000004A0088  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

Even nicer, -traceback does not give any linenumber information.

However, using -O1 (or -C)  it works !

FOPT     = -FR -O1 -w -DINTEL_VML -traceback

It seems that Intel has created another buggy compiler version.....

PS: If somebody has already played with good compiler/linker options using
ifort version 12, I would appreciate if you send me your options.