[Wien] Wien2k compilation with gfortran compiler

vielmaj at onid.orst.edu vielmaj at onid.orst.edu
Thu Feb 24 05:43:49 CET 2011

I had the same problem while trying to compile with the gfortran
compiler on Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, and Debian Lenny. When I compile it,
I do not get in errors, but I do get warnings like this:

Warning: Deleted feature: GOTO at (1) jumps to END of construct at (2)

       assign 2021 to iform1
                            1
Warning: Deleted feature: ASSIGN statement at (1)
init.f:264.17:

           READ(9,iform1) (CLM(I,L,JATOM),I=1,JRJ)

clmcopy.f:206.29:

                     WRITE(18,IFORM1) (CLMNEW(J,LM2,JATO,1),J=1,JRI(JATO))
                              1
Warning: Deleted feature: ASSIGNED variable in FORMAT tag at (1)

main.frc_tmp_.f:667.20:

             WRITE(2,IFORM)IEABS,E
                     1
Warning: Deleted feature: ASSIGNED variable in FORMAT tag at (1)

I didn't install the goto library and I just used the regular blas and
lapack libraries.  I got everything to work with our old Intel
compilers and mkl libraries, by finding an old libstdc++5 from a
previous distribution of Debian.  I would especially like to hear the
explanation for these errors.

Jason Vielma