[Wien] Parallelization

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 28 19:05:32 CET 2011

Read section 5 of the userguide, it is fairly clear.

2011/2/28 Mojtaba Zareii <smojtaba.zareii at gmail.com>

> Hi dear WIEN2k users
> I want to run wien2k in the parallel mode(i.e. run_lapw -p -cc 0.001) by
> a computer system using a Corei7 Processor ( it has 8 CPUs) as i could use
> the all 8 CPUs
>
> simultaneously,But i don't know how to edit *.machines* file.
> The *.machines *file, default text , is as follows:
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> granularity:1
> extrafine:1
>
> Now , what should i do? should i edit it as follows:
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> 1:localhost
> granularity:1
> extrafine:1
>
> namely the *1:localhost* line should be repeated 8 times where 8 is the
> number of CUPs)
>
> Could you please help me with this problem?
> Thank you

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering and imaging to study the structure of matter.