[Wien] Question about mBJ calculation

David davgumo at me.com
Sun Jan 9 18:30:47 CET 2011

Professo Blaha,

Thank you very much for your reply. Since the beginning of my
calculation I've been taking care of the mixing factor as you
recommended. Now the calculation seems to be approaching to convergence.

However I'm a little concerned now about what you call
"pseudo-convergence" how can I evaluate if my calculation came to a full
convergence or a pseudo-convergence?

By the way the mixing factor I'm using right now is 0.4 with the PRATT
mixing scheme, is this such a small mixing factor that could lead to
pseudo-convergence?

Thank you very much for you help Dr. Blaha.

David Guzman
Department of Physics
California State University - Los Angeles